- 5 tomatoes, peeled and sliced
- 10 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup green onion (or red onion), chopped
- 1 9-inch pre-baked pie crust
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup freshly shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise (or half mayo, half Greek yogurt)
- 2 Tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the tomatoes in a colander in the sink in a single layer. Sprinkle with salt and allow them to rest for 10 minutes.
- Use a paper towel to pat-dry the tomatoes and make sure most of the excess juice is out. (You don’t want wet (juicy) tomatoes or your pie will turn out soggy).
- Layer the tomato slices, basil, and onion in pre-baked pie shell. Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine the grated cheeses and mayonnaise or Greek yogurt together.
- Spread mixture on top of the tomatoes and sprinkle parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Allow to rest for at least 15 minutes before cutting and serving.