Spinach & Artichoke Dip Pasta
Time: 20 min | Serves 4
- 8 ounces whole-wheat farfalle
- 1 5-ounce package baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon water
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, cut into chunks
- ¾ cup reduced-fat milk
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 14-ounce can artichoke hearts, rinsed, squeezed dry and chopped
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain.
- Combine spinach and the water in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until just wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a small bowl. Add cream cheese and milk to the pan; whisk until the cream cheese is melted. Add Parmesan, garlic powder and pepper; cook, whisk-ing, until thickened and bubbling. Drain the spinach well and stir into the sauce, along with artichokes and the pasta. Cook until warmed through. Sprinkle with Parmesan, if desired.
Lisa added grilled chicken, and fresh garlic while making this live!
Serving Size: 1⅓ CUPS EACH
CAL 371 FAT 9G (SAT 4G) CHOL 26MG
CARBS 56G TOTAL SUGARS 6G (ADDED
0G) PROTEIN 17G FIBER 8G SODIUM
550MG POTASSIUM 397MG.
Source: EatingWell, Special Edition, 20-Minute Meals, 2022.