2/3 cup walnuts, roughly broken up
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/3 cup sage leaves, finely shredded
grated zest of 1 medium lemon
3 tablespoons heavy cream
10 1/2 ounces tagliatelle or tagliolini
1 3/4 cups parmesan, shaved
1/2 cup flat leaf parsley leaves, chopped
2 tablespoons lemon juice
salt and black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F.
2. Spread out the walnuts on a baking sheet and roast in the oven for 15 minutes. Remove and set aside to cool.
3. Place a sauté pan over high heat and add the butter.
4. Cook for 1 minute, add the sage and fry for about 2 minutes, until the butter starts to brown.
5. Add the lemon zest, cream, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and plenty of black pepper; stir and cook for just a few seconds to thicken the sauce a little.
6. Remove from the heat at once so the cream doesn’t separate. Set aside until ready to use.
7. Bring a large pan of salted water to a boil and add the pasta.
8. Cook for 8 minutes, or according to the package instructions, until al dente.
9. Drain, reserving a few tablespoons of the cooking liquid, and place in a large bowl.
10. Warm the sauce, adding some cooking liquid if it has become very thick, then add it to the pasta along with the walnuts, Parmesan and parsley.
11. Toss the mix, stir in the lemon juice and serve. Enjoy!