I have always wanted to try to do a stir fry, but I did not want to do it over rice. So I thought I would try using riced cauliflower instead. This makes it extra low-carb and healthy!
You will need:
1 head cauliflower, riced
1c vegetable broth
2T peanut oil
1T sesame seeds
1 red bell pepper, 1″ pieces
1 yellow onion, sliced
1 bunch of asparagus, 1″ pieces
2c sliced Bella mushroom
2t minced ginger root
3 cloves minced garlic
3T soy sauce
1T sesame seed oil
- First, prepare the cauliflower. Take one head, cut it into small florets. Put the florets in a food processor, (or Vitamix) in small amounts. Pulse until it is the size or texture of rice.
- Put the butter in a large skillet. Turn stove on medium high heat to melt butter.
- Add vegetable broth and cauliflower and mix it in the skillet. Stir often until browned. It should take around 15 minutes. Set aside.
- Put the sesame seeds on a baking sheet.
- Roast at 350 degrees for 5 or 6 minutes until toasted. Set aside.
- Heat peanut oil in large skillet or wok, on medium high heat until very hot.
- Combine the bell pepper, onion, mushroom, asparagus, garlic and ginger root and add to skillet/wok. Stir until tender but still a little crunchy, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in soy sauce and cook for 30 seconds.
- Remove from heat and stir in sesame oil and toasted sesame seeds.
- Serve over cauliflower. Add a little Himalayan Pink Salt if desired.
It’s an absolutely no guilt, low carb, veggie stir fry! 🙂