This flavorful chicken marinates in a soy sauce, honey and lime juice marinade for as little as 15 minutes and is bursting with flavor.
- 5 Tablespoons honey
- 5 Tablespoons soy sauce
- juice of 4 limes
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced or crushed
- leaves from 5 sprigs of thyme I used 1/2 teaspoon dried
- black pepper to taste
- 8 bone-in skin-on chicken thighs
- Mix the marinade ingredients together. Use a small paring knife to make incisions into the non-skin side of the chicken. Put the chicken in a dish you can cover or a gallon-sized ziplock bag. Pour the marinade over the chicken and cover the dish or seal the bag. Marinate 15 minutes to several hours, turning the chicken now and then.
- Preheat the oven to 375. Lift the chicken from the marinade and place in a shallow baking dish so it lies in a single layer, skin side up. Cook for 45 minutes or so, until done, basting now and then if you remember.
- Serve with lime wedges if you’d like.
*From Pure Simple Cooking Cookbook