Tomorrow I’m going on a road trip to a wedding in Long Island, so obviously there’s a one night stay over. Since packing is an ever evolving skill, (or science), I thought I’d share the what and why of what I’m packing and how. (Was that confusing enough?)
First of all, there is the question of what to wear in the car on the way there and back. I think it is about a 4 hour drive each way so it needs to be comfortable. Since I am trying to take as little as possible, I am taking two similar Melissa Odabash tops that both work with the same shoes, earrings, cami and jeans. This way, I Will only have to pack one blouse as I am wearing the rest of the outfit.
Then of course, what do I wear for the wedding? Well, it is cocktail attire and that can cover a large range of personal preferences. I am not sure if any of the event is outside and it will be warm. I also want to be comfortable and appropriate. So, this Elie Tahari dress will be perfect. Comfortable fit and generally cool if anything is outside. I think wearing black to a wedding is fine, especially if it’s cocktail attire. I couldn’t decide on jewelry so I am packing a number of different options in Honora Pearls and I’ll decide when I get there. The shoes are a classic Half D’Orsay, more on the dressy side as they are stilettos and not a wedge or platform.
Now skincare is extensive so I try to use mini sizes of as many items as possible:
- Tatch Cleansing oil and scrub-refillable mini
- Dr Denese pads-refillable mini
- Dr Perricone 2 pc Synergy- regular size
- Dr Perricone Acyl-glutathione Eye-regular size
- Kate Somerville DermalQuench- not sure how to get this mini
- Dr Denese Hydroshield- refillable mini
- Strivectin neck-refillable mini
- Strivectin SD-put in travel container
- Philosophy Hope in a Tube- regular size
- Laura Geller Lip Scrub- put in travel container
Road trip!!!!!!!! Hope this helps with your next one 🙂