There is nothing better than seeing the most beautiful cities in Europe with your friends…..unless it’s doing that on a Tauck River Cruise! I am so excited!!!!!! Who wants to come?!!! Here’s the information on our very first river cruise!
The trip begins on April 13, 2021 in Prague and ends on April 24, 2021 in Budapest.
*Cruise Planners is offering a complimentary pre-trip hotel stay in Prague the night of April 12, 2021.
A Brief Synopsis
Along the “river of kings”… medieval castles and Gothic cathedrals… charming riverside villages… the Imperial treasures of the Habsburgs…
lush Wachau valley vineyards… the music of Mozart… From Prague to Budapest, castles of all descriptions have watched over the landscape from their royal perches for centuries.
On this 12-day journey featuring a 7-night Danube cruise, they remain lasting testimony to kingdoms and culture, ready to welcome you… during a private dinner in Lobkowicz Palace… an exclusive evening of Imperial entertainment at a private Vienna palace… in Baroque Salzburg and atop Budapest’s Castle Hill… and exploring Vienna’s Ho urg or Schönbrunn Palace. It’s going to be a Blue Danube cruise to remember!
Arrive Prague & Lobkowicz Palace evening
Tour begins: 5:30 PM, InterContinental Prague. A transfer is included from Václav Havel Airport Prague or the Praha Hlavni Nadrazi train station to the InterContinental Prague in the heart of the city. Those arriving early may join your Tauck Director for a walk to this historic city’s Old Town Square. Begin your amazing Blue Danube river cruise adventure early this evening with a Tauck Exclusive – a royal welcoming reception, tour and dinner at 16th-century Lobkowicz Palace at Prague Castle. Immerse in an evening of classical cultural treasures – music and art played an important role in the aristocratic world of the Lobkowicz family.
The legacy of many centuries in Prague
Explore Regensburg & embark in Vilshofen
Engelhartszell & cycling along the Danube
Salzburg, Cesky Krumlov or Linz
Your boat stays docked in Linz today, with a choice of how you spend your day – full-day excursions to Salzburg (Austria), or Cesky Krumlov in the Czech Republic, or remaining in Linz. A setting for The Sound of Music, Salzburg is enticing with Baroque architecture, painted wrought-iron signage, ornate church towers, and grand palaces. Our walking tour explores Old Town, Mirabell Gardens, and Mozart’s birthplace with time on your own to have lunch and experience the sights as you wish. Alternatively, travel with us through beautiful landscapes to Cesky Krumlov, which has been called a living gallery of elegant Renaissance-era buildings with a well-preserved medieval heritage and charming ambiance. A walking tour takes you to part of Krumlov Castle; it’s worth climbing the many steps to see firsthand the medieval, Renaissance and Rococo design found inside, along with the stunning views of the town below. A third option today provides an opportunity to remain in Linz for time explore as you please on your own before returning to the riverboat for dinner.
Wachau Valley cruise to Dürnstein
Choices in Vienna
Vienna sightseeing & on to Slovakia
Baroque in Bratislava
Begin the day with a Tauck Exclusive – a presentation by our local guide that takes you inside contemporary Slovakia and Bratislava for a look at politics, the economy, religion, the social order, preservation and emergence of the arts, and more. Then, it’s your choice of a walking tour of this cobblestoned, vehicle-free city, where you’ll see 17 centuries of history eloquently chronicled in sites including its 13th-century Old Town Hall, Baroque Habsburg-era palaces, the Opera House, Slovak Philharmonic Hall and St. Martin’s Cathedral – or a guided bicycle excursion through the “Iron Curtain Area” of Bratislava. Back aboard ship, get ready to celebrate tomorrow’s arrival in Budapest and the end of your Danube riverboat cruise with a farewell reception and dinner onboard.
Disembark in Budapest & explore Buda
Discover Pest & party at the Akadémia Club
Cruising along the Danube River exclusively for Tauck, ms Joy continues to maintain Tauck’s high standards for quality and comfort as part of their Destination Fleet. With a maximum of 130 guests, the 443-foot riverboat and her sister ships continue Tauck’s tradition of providing more space per guest on Europe’s inland waterways, transporting fewer passengers than most longships (135 meters). Her deck plan is innovative; with a total of 67 cabins.
- Alternate dining venue, Arthur’s, offering classic favorites at lunch and dinner and lighter breakfasts in the morning
- Al fresco dining on Sun Deck, weather permitting
- Complimentary snacks served 10:00 AM – midnight
- Unlimited complimentary beverages aboard ship include regional wine, beer and premium spirits in addition to specialty coffee, water and soft drinks
- Onboard entertainment includes enrichment lectures, piano music nightly, in-room movies, culinary demos, local entertainment and “themed” fun
- 110-volt and 220-volt outlets included in every cabin for small electronics; minibar stocked with complimentary water and soft drinks
- Complimentary Internet & Email available
- Fitness center; massages available; putting green on Sun Deck; Jacuzzi on Sun Deck – available 24 hours
- Bicycles available aboard for use ashore
- Laundry service available
- A Private Imperial Evening at a palace in Vienna featuring a gala dinner and Viennese performers
- Private aperitif and dinner in Prague at Lobkowicz Palace, Prague Castle
- A private tour of Prague’s Baroque libraries, Strahov Monastery
Tauck Value Includes.....
• All gratuities to ship staff , drivers, local guides, Tauck Directors and Tauck Cruise Director
• All private Tauck shore excursions – $3,090 Value
• Two nights each in Prague and Budapest at centrally located hotels in the heart of the cities
• Choice in Vienna: Schönbrunn Palace or the Imperial Apartments at the Ho urg
• Choice of a full day in Salzburg or Cesky Krumlov
• Evenings of local performing artists and classical music aboard the riverboat
• Unlimited complimentary beverages aboard ship include regional wine, beer and premium spirits in addition to specialty coffee, water and soft drinks
• Airport transfers upon arrival and departure as noted
• 28 meals; select meals in local restaurants; service charges, taxes, porterage, and applicable fuel surcharges
*Additionally – Tauck has been generous enough to donate $250 per person to support “Beautiful Self,” a non-profit organization that supports women who have been impacted by cancer.
Are You Ready to Book?
You can book now!!!
Please fill out THIS FORM and mail or scan it to the address provided.
*Bookings will be accepted February 4, 2020 – February 18, 2020.
Make your deposit by February 28, 2020 and pay 2019 prices on this 2021 cruise!!!! (Deposit is $900 per person + insurance of $639 per person due at the time of deposit).
For cabin rates, and a print-friendly version of this information, click here.
Okay, I know it’s over a year away, but I’m already counting down the days. It’s going to be a cruise to remember!
*Please note: we reserve the right to approve all guests. We do not and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, age, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation.