One of my favorite ways to prepare asparagus is roasting. It’s ironic, because I was ambivalent about asparagus until I tasted it roasted. Between the roasting and the mushrooms, this is a good one!
You will need:
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- 1/2 large red onion
- 1/2 head of garlic
- small package sliced Bella Mushrooms
- olive oil
- Himalayan sea salt.
- Wash asparagus, break off the ends, cut the stalks into pieces about 2″ in length.
- Add mushrooms
- Chop onion in sections, separate pieces
- Mince garlic
- Add olive oil and salt and mix
- Arrange in a single layer on a cooking sheet
- Put in oven at 400 degrees until desired brownness, this could be 30 minutes to an hour.
The longer you roast it, the more the garlic will become nutty instead of sharp.
I like mine a little charred so I leave it in for an hour.
It is the perfect side dish and the mushrooms make it more substantial. I think your family will love it 🙂